Overview of the Taylor Workout
The Taylor workout is a CrossFit Hero WOD named after U.S. Army Specialist Marc Lee, who was killed in action in Iraq in 2006. This workout was first posted on the CrossFit main site in 2008. It is a challenging workout that involves a combination of running and weightlifting. The workout is performed for time, and the goal is to complete it as quickly as possible. The Taylor workout is a tribute to Specialist Lee and all the men and women who have given their lives in service to their country.
Taylor Workout: Workout Description
The Taylor workout consists of four rounds of the following exercises:
- 400-meter run
- 5 burpee muscle-ups
- 10 deadlifts (135 pounds for men, 95 pounds for women)
- 10 KB swings (70 pounds for men, 53 pounds for women)
- 5 burpee muscle-ups
The workout is performed for time, and the clock stops when the final burpee muscle-up is completed. The recommended weights for the deadlifts and KB swings are challenging, so it is important to scale the workout appropriately.
Taylor Workout: Workout Variations and Scaling Options
The Taylor workout is a challenging workout that requires a high level of fitness. Here are some scaling options for those who need them:
- Reduce the weight of the deadlifts and KB swings
- Scale the burpee muscle-ups to regular burpees or jumping pull-ups
- Reduce the number of rounds
It is important to scale the workout appropriately to avoid injury and ensure that you can complete the workout safely.
Taylor Workout: Tips and Strategies
Here are some tips for completing the Taylor workout efficiently and safely:
- Pace yourself on the runs to conserve energy for the weightlifting exercises
- Break up the deadlifts and KB swings into manageable sets to avoid fatigue
- Focus on proper form and technique to avoid injury
- Take short breaks between exercises to catch your breath and recover
Taylor Workout: Athlete Performance
The Taylor workout is a challenging workout that requires a high level of fitness. Here are some average times for different levels of athletes:
- Beginner: 40-50 minutes
- Intermediate: 30-40 minutes
- Advanced: 20-30 minutes
The Taylor workout is a challenging CrossFit Hero WOD that honors the memory of U.S. Army Specialist Marc Lee. It is a combination of running and weightlifting exercises that are performed for time. The workout is challenging, but with proper scaling and pacing, it is achievable for athletes of all levels.