Overview of the Scooter Workout
The Scooter workout is a CrossFit Hero WOD named after fallen soldier Scott “Scooter” Kesterson. It was first posted on the CrossFit main site in 2008. The workout is a challenging endurance test that involves running, burpees, and double unders. It is a long and grueling workout that requires a high level of fitness and mental toughness.
Scooter: Workout Description
The Scooter workout consists of the following movements, in order:
- 1.5-mile run
- 100 burpees
- 200 double unders
- 1.5-mile run
The workout is scored by the total time it takes to complete all the movements. The recommended weight for this workout is bodyweight for the burpees.
Scooter Variations and Scaling Options
The Scooter workout is a challenging workout that requires a high level of fitness. Not everyone will be able to complete the workout as prescribed. Here are some scaling options:
- Reduce the distance of the runs
- Reduce the number of burpees and double unders
- Modify the burpees to a step-up or a push-up
- Modify the double unders to single unders or jumping jacks
It is important to choose a scaling option that is appropriate for your fitness level and ability.
Tips and Strategies for the Scooter Workout
The Scooter workout is a long and grueling workout that requires a lot of mental toughness. Here are some tips and strategies to help you complete the workout efficiently and safely:
- Pace yourself: The Scooter workout is a long workout, so it is important to pace yourself. Start slow and gradually increase your pace as you go.
- Break up the burpees and double unders: Break up the burpees and double unders into manageable sets. For example, you could do 10 burpees and 20 double unders at a time.
- Stay hydrated: Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after the workout.
- Warm-up and cool-down: It is important to warm-up properly before the workout and cool-down properly after the workout. This will help prevent injury and reduce muscle soreness.
Athlete Performance in the Scooter Workout
The Scooter workout is a challenging workout that requires a high level of fitness. Here are some average times for different levels of athletes:
- Beginner: 60-70 minutes
- Intermediate: 50-60 minutes
- Advanced: 40-50 minutes
The Scooter workout is a challenging endurance test that requires a high level of fitness and mental toughness. It is a long and grueling workout that involves running, burpees, and double unders. If you are up for the challenge, give it a try and see how you do!