Overview of the Maggie Workout
The Maggie workout is a CrossFit workout named after Maggie Dabe Kubley, a CrossFit athlete who passed away in 2011. The workout was created in her memory and is often done in fundraising events for cancer research. The workout involves a combination of cardio and weightlifting exercises, making it a challenging and intense workout.
Maggie Workout: Workout Description
- 800-meter run
- 50 handstand push-ups
- 50 pull-ups
- 50 alternating pistols
- 50 kettlebell swings (24/16 kg)
- 800-meter run
The workout is timed, and the goal is to complete all the movements as quickly as possible. The recommended weights for the kettlebell swings are 24 kg for men and 16 kg for women.
Maggie Workout: Workout Variations and Scaling Options
- Reduce the distance of the runs to 400 meters
- Use an abmat or plates to scale the handstand push-ups
- Use a band or ring rows to scale the pull-ups
- Use a box or bench to scale the pistols
- Reduce the weight of the kettlebell swings
It’s important to choose the scaling option that is appropriate for your fitness level and ability.
Tips and Strategies for the Maggie Workout
- Pace yourself during the runs to conserve energy for the other movements
- Break up the handstand push-ups and pull-ups into smaller sets to avoid burning out
- Use a steady and controlled pace for the pistols to maintain balance and avoid injury
- Use your hips to generate power for the kettlebell swings
- Take short breaks between movements to catch your breath and recover
It’s also important to warm up properly before starting the workout and to cool down and stretch afterwards.
Athlete Performance in the Maggie Workout
- Beginner: 40-50 minutes
- Intermediate: 30-40 minutes
- Advanced: 20-30 minutes
It’s important to remember that everyone’s fitness level is different, and it’s more important to focus on completing the workout safely and efficiently than on the time it takes to finish.
The Maggie workout is a challenging and intense CrossFit workout that is often done in memory of Maggie Dabe Kubley. It involves a combination of cardio and weightlifting exercises and is timed to challenge athletes to complete it as quickly as possible. With the right scaling options and strategies, anyone can complete the Maggie workout and improve their fitness level.