Overview of the Linda Workout
The Linda workout is a CrossFit benchmark workout that was named after Linda Hamilton, the actress who played Sarah Connor in the Terminator movies. It is also known as the “3 Bars of Death” because it involves three barbell exercises. The workout has been used in CrossFit competitions, including the CrossFit Games, and is considered one of the most challenging workouts in the CrossFit community.
Linda Workout: Workout Description
The Linda workout consists of three rounds of the following exercises, done for time:
- Deadlifts: 1.5 times bodyweight, 10 reps
- Bench presses: bodyweight, 10 reps
- Cleans: 0.75 times bodyweight, 10 reps
The workout is done in a circuit, with all three exercises done back-to-back without rest. The goal is to complete all three rounds as quickly as possible.
Linda Workout: Workout Variations and Scaling Options
The Linda workout is a very challenging workout and may not be suitable for everyone. Here are some scaling options for those who need them:
- Reduce the weight of the barbell
- Reduce the number of repetitions
- Break up the workout into smaller sets with rest in between
- Substitute the bench press with push-ups
It is important to consult with a CrossFit coach before attempting the workout to determine the appropriate scaling options.
Tips and Strategies for the Linda Workout
Here are some tips for completing the Linda workout efficiently and safely:
- Pace yourself: The workout is very challenging, and it is important to pace yourself to avoid burning out too quickly.
- Focus on form: The exercises involve heavy weights, and it is important to maintain proper form to avoid injury.
- Break up the workout: Breaking up the workout into smaller sets with rest in between can help you complete the workout more efficiently.
- Warm-up and cool-down: The workout involves heavy lifting, and it is important to warm up properly before starting and cool down properly after finishing.
Athlete Performance in the Linda Workout
The Linda workout is a very challenging workout, and the average times for different levels of athletes can vary widely. Here are some average times for the Linda workout:
- Beginner: 30-40 minutes
- Intermediate: 20-30 minutes
- Advanced: 15-20 minutes
The Linda workout is a challenging CrossFit benchmark workout that involves three barbell exercises done for time. It is important to consult with a CrossFit coach before attempting the workout to determine the appropriate scaling options. With proper form, pacing, and scaling, the Linda workout can be a great way to improve strength and endurance.