Overview of the Ledesma Crossfit Workout
The Ledesma Crossfit workout is named after U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sergeant Jeremiah Ledesma, who died in Iraq in 2004. This workout was first posted on the CrossFit website in 2005. It is a hero workout, which is a tribute to fallen military, law enforcement, and first responders. The Ledesma workout has not been used in any CrossFit Games, semifinals/regionals, or open competitions. The workout is a combination of running, deadlifts, burpees, and kettlebell swings. It is considered a challenging workout that requires a high level of fitness.
Ledesma Crossfit Workout: Workout Description
The Ledesma Crossfit workout consists of the following movements, in order:
- Run 800 meters
- 50 deadlifts (225/155 lbs)
- 50 burpees
- 50 kettlebell swings (24/16 kg)
- Run 800 meters
The workout is for time, meaning that the goal is to complete all the movements as fast as possible. The recommended weights for the deadlifts and kettlebell swings are 225/155 lbs and 24/16 kg, respectively.
Ledesma Crossfit Workout: Workout Variations/Scaling Options
Not everyone who tries the Ledesma Crossfit workout will be able to do it as prescribed. Here are some common scaling options:
- Reduce the weight of the deadlifts and kettlebell swings
- Reduce the number of repetitions for each movement
- Replace the run with a row or bike
- Replace the burpees with step-ups or box jumps
Scaling options are recommended for those who are new to Crossfit or who have not yet developed the strength and endurance required for the prescribed workout.
Ledesma Crossfit Workout: Tips and Strategies
Here are some tips for completing the Ledesma Crossfit workout efficiently and safely:
- Pace yourself during the first run to conserve energy for the deadlifts and kettlebell swings
- Break up the deadlifts and kettlebell swings into manageable sets to avoid burnout
- Use a steady pace for the burpees to avoid wasting energy
- Use a weight that you can handle with good form throughout the workout
- Take short breaks between movements to catch your breath and refocus
Ledesma Crossfit Workout: Athlete Performance
The average time to complete the Ledesma Crossfit workout varies depending on the athlete’s level of fitness. Here are some estimated times for different levels of athletes:
- Beginner: 40-50 minutes
- Intermediate: 30-40 minutes
- Advanced: 20-30 minutes
Ledesma Crossfit Workout: Conclusion
The Ledesma Crossfit workout is a challenging workout that requires a high level of fitness. It is a tribute to a fallen military hero and is a great way to honor his memory. If you are new to Crossfit, be sure to scale the workout appropriately and focus on good form to avoid injury. With practice and dedication, you can improve your fitness and complete the workout faster.