Overview of Dobogai Workout
The Dobogai workout is named after CrossFit athlete and coach Andrew Dobogai. It is a challenging workout that involves a combination of cardio and strength exercises. The Dobogai workout is not commonly used in CrossFit competitions, but it is a popular workout among CrossFit enthusiasts.
The Dobogai workout involves a series of exercises that are performed in a specific order. The workout is timed, and the goal is to complete all the exercises as quickly as possible. The Dobogai workout is considered to be of intermediate difficulty level.
The benefits of the Dobogai workout include improved cardiovascular endurance, increased strength, and improved overall fitness.
Dobogai Workout: Workout Description
- 1000-meter row
- 50 dumbbell thrusters (35 pounds for men, 20 pounds for women)
- 30 pull-ups
- 100 double-unders (jumping rope where the rope passes under the feet twice per jump)
- 30 kettlebell swings (70 pounds for men, 53 pounds for women)
- 50 box jumps (24 inches for men, 20 inches for women)
- 30 burpees
- 1000-meter row
The workout is timed, and the goal is to complete all the exercises as quickly as possible. The recommended weights for the dumbbell thrusters and kettlebell swings are 35 pounds for men and 20 pounds for women, and 70 pounds for men and 53 pounds for women, respectively.
Dobogai Workout Variations and Scaling Options
- Reduce the weight of the dumbbell thrusters and kettlebell swings
- Use a resistance band or assisted pull-up machine for pull-ups
- Reduce the height of the box for box jumps
- Reduce the number of repetitions for each exercise
- Increase the rest time between exercises
Tips and Strategies for Dobogai Workout
- Pace yourself during the rowing exercises to conserve energy for the other exercises
- Break up the repetitions for the exercises into manageable sets to avoid burnout
- Use proper form for all exercises to avoid injury
- Take short breaks between exercises to catch your breath and recover
- Warm up properly before starting the workout to prevent injury
- Cool down and stretch after the workout to prevent muscle soreness
Athlete Performance in Dobogai Workout
- Beginner: 45-60 minutes
- Intermediate: 35-45 minutes
- Advanced: 25-35 minutes
The Dobogai workout is a challenging workout that can help improve cardiovascular endurance, increase strength, and improve overall fitness. With proper scaling and pacing, athletes of all levels can complete this workout and reap its benefits.