Overview of Amanda Workout
Amanda: Overview of Amanda Workout
Amanda is a CrossFit workout named after Amanda Miller, a former gymnast and CrossFit athlete. It is a benchmark workout that is often used in CrossFit competitions, including the CrossFit Games. The workout consists of two movements, the snatch and the muscle-up, and is considered a high-skill workout that requires both strength and technique. Amanda is a challenging workout that can be completed in a short amount of time, making it a popular choice for experienced CrossFit athletes.
Amanda: Workout Description
The Amanda workout consists of the following movements:
- 9-7-5 reps of squat snatches (135/95 lb)
- Ring muscle-ups
The workout is performed for time, meaning the goal is to complete the required reps as quickly as possible. The squat snatch is a full-body movement that involves lifting a barbell from the ground to overhead in one fluid motion. The ring muscle-up is a gymnastics movement that involves pulling yourself up and over rings, then pushing yourself up into a dip position.
Amanda: Workout Variations and Scaling Options
Not everyone who attempts Amanda will be able to complete the workout as prescribed. Here are some common scaling options:
- Reduce the weight of the squat snatch
- Substitute power snatches for squat snatches
- Substitute pull-ups and dips for ring muscle-ups
- Use a band or other assistance for ring muscle-ups
Scaling options are recommended for those who are new to CrossFit or who are not yet able to perform the movements with proper technique. It is important to choose a scaling option that is challenging but still allows for proper form and safety.
Amanda: Tips and Strategies
Here are some tips for completing the Amanda workout efficiently and safely:
- Warm up properly before attempting the workout, focusing on mobility and activation exercises for the shoulders, hips, and core.
- Break up the reps into manageable sets, taking short breaks between each set to avoid burnout.
- Focus on proper technique for both the snatch and the muscle-up, especially when fatigued.
- Use a hook grip on the barbell to maintain a secure grip during the snatch.
- Use a false grip on the rings for the muscle-up to allow for a smoother transition from the pull-up to the dip.
Amanda: Athlete Performance
The average time to complete Amanda varies depending on the athlete’s skill level. Here are some average times for different levels of athletes:
- Beginner: 15-20 minutes
- Intermediate: 10-15 minutes
- Advanced: 5-10 minutes
The Amanda workout is a challenging and high-skill workout that requires both strength and technique. It is a popular choice for experienced CrossFit athletes and is often used in competitions. With proper scaling and technique, anyone can attempt and complete the Amanda workout.